Our Health & Safety for Supervisors Level 3 course has been developed to benefit those working in a supervisory or management position in order that they can acquire the knowledge and skills required to discharge their health and safety responsibilities effectively. The qualification is accredited by the Chartered Institute for Environmental Health (CIEH), and is typically three days long, with an exam at the end of the course.
The supervisor is in an ideal position to influence, monitor and train employees. They can also ensure that managers are informed, persuaded, encouraged or pressured into providing for better health and safety standards. Accidents and illness can result in disability, death or incapacity for work, and can give companies a bad reputation amongst customers and clients.
Course content includes:
- An introduction to Health and Safety
- Accidents in the workplace
- Legal requirements for reporting accidents and near-misses
- Principles of Accident Investigation
- Safety hazards and control measures
- Ill health in the workplace
- Common work related ill health conditions
- Welfare and first aid provision
- Health & Safety organisation and management
- Risk assessments
- Employee representation and consultation
- Information provision for employees
- Competencies for risk assessors
- The role of supervisors
- Staff motivation
- Training requirements
- Conflict management
- Emergency situations
It is recommended, but not essential, that candidates have previous experience or training in Health & Safety, for example the Health & Safety – An Introduction Level 2 course.
The Health & Safety for Supervisors Level 3 course is a 3 day course, with a CIEH accredited exam at the end of the course. Full course details, including directions, will be supplied upon receipt of booking. If required we can even host the course in your premises or at a location to suit you. Click for more details of other CoLaw courses.