Principles and Practise of Risk Assessment
A properly implemented programme of risk assessments can assist in the prevention of injuries, fatalities, property damage incidents and other losses through the development of a safe system of work. This not only helps to prevent human loss and suffering but also assists the effective management and finance of any business or organisation. This is a half-day course.
Subjects covered include:
- principles and practise of risk assessment
- prioritising risk
- controls and monitoring controls
- risk assessment in practice
Principles and Practise of Risk Assessment with syndicate exercises
This one day course covers all that the Risk Assessment, Practise and Principles Course covers, but with an additional practical emphasis on carrying out risk assessments, including practical exercises (using the workplace, if appropriate) to develop a safe system of work for hazardous tasks.
On completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- contribute to the risk assessment programmes at their workplaces
- conduct risk assessments (assuming they have the necessary technical knowledge in relation to the activities /environments/issues being assessed)
- organise and implement a risk assessment programme where this has not already been started
- participate in the identification of specific training needs for the activities being assessed
- assist employers in meeting legal requirements and promote improved standards of health and safety within their organisation
Click to see more CoLaw Health & Safety courses.